Just finished this, what a trip. Never seen a better depiction of a descent into madness.

Just finished this, what a trip. Never seen a better depiction of a descent into madness. I loved the detail that Summerfield can't even swear in his own diary. It really show how much he bottles everything up. Are Connell's other books as good?

Homeless People Are Sexy Shirt $21.68

Tip Your Landlord Shirt $21.68

Homeless People Are Sexy Shirt $21.68

  1. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

    >A novel
    Instantly disappointed

    • 1 month ago
      Anonymous

      write your own diary of a rapist, then.

      • 1 month ago
        Anonymous

        But I am not a rapist unfortunately.

        • 1 month ago
          Anonymous

          Be the change you want to see.

          • 1 month ago
            Anonymous

            Can't. The cost-benefit doesn't work out.

          • 1 month ago
            Anonymous

            this is why you'll never make it as author. art requires PASSION.

          • 1 month ago
            Anonymous

            Can't. The cost-benefit doesn't work out.

            kys

          • 1 month ago
            Anonymous

            no u

          • 1 month ago
            Anonymous

            Get raped.

          • 1 month ago
            Anonymous

            Not true
            >60% of rapes/sexual assaults are not reported to police, according to a statistical average of the past 5 years. Those rapists, of course, never spend a day in prison.
            >If a rape is reported, there is a 50.8% chance of an arrest.
            >If an arrest is made, there is an 80% chance of prosecution.
            >If there is a prosecution, there is a 58% chance of conviction.
            >If there is a felony conviction, there is a 69% chance the convict will spend time in jail.
            >So even in the 39% of attacks that are reported to police, there is only a 16.3% chance the rapist will end up in prison.
            >Factoring in unreported rapes, about 6% of rapists will ever spend a day in jail.
            Some sexual abuse centre

          • 1 month ago
            Anonymous

            Yeah, but if the cost is high enough the probability doesn't matter. I don't wanna get shanked or whatever

          • 1 month ago
            Anonymous

            I hate the fact you base your morality on a cost benefit equation.

          • 1 month ago
            Anonymous

            This, consider the moral obligation to rape instead of mere material concerns.

          • 1 month ago
            Anonymous

            >women embargo sex
            >population dies out without mass rapes
            Checkmate, moral ur way out of that one

          • 1 month ago
            Anonymous

            >women embargo sex
            lol in what world, it's not this one

          • 1 month ago
            Anonymous

            Lysistrata

          • 1 month ago
            Anonymous

            >411 BC
            What's the modern equivalent?

          • 1 month ago
            Anonymous
          • 1 month ago
            Anonymous

            The momentary release of sex is the relationship goal of the man

            The long term accumulation of initially, status and attention, then later, children, material wealth and assorted jobs (and occasionally, also status and attention) are the relationship goals of women.

            Nearly 0% of a woman’s goals intersect with the goals of a man of self-worth.

          • 1 month ago
            Anonymous

            >women embargo sex
            Maybe from you they do, you fricking loser--try getting better at lying to women--this is what the majority of non-human species do--plumage coloration, trunk length, tusk sharpness, courtship dance, flagellum rotation, eye size, chitin thickness, rump redness, gonad immensity, mating chirp, nest roundness, fin striping--all of these are ways animals attract mates--the PRIMARY way any species attracts a mate is through biologically unnecessarily robust demonstrations of core evolutionary adaptation, i.e. deception relative to actual biological necessity

            Humans have language--develop a sense of humor (or fake it), develop an accessible personality (or fake it), a0kmsjnd get your dick wet

          • 1 month ago
            Anonymous

            >I hate the fact you base your morality on a cost benefit equation.
            Your sense of morality literally comes from nature's cost-benefit equation.

          • 1 month ago
            Anonymous

            Ehhh, 16% chance you get convicted and then you'll get free food and housing not to mention suffering for your art. 84% nothing happens and you can use your experiences to write a book. Rapists don't really get much flak in prison anyway, unless it involves children.

          • 1 month ago
            Anonymous

            I get free food and housing now

          • 1 month ago
            Anonymous

            Rapists do get killed by other inmates. There's been prison documentaries where convicts have actually killed rapists.

          • 1 month ago
            Anonymous

            The murders most likely had other reasons. You'll have guys in jail trafficking women, selling them, pimping them, beating them and killing them. You think they care about raping them?
            Rape reoffenders being a thing proves how much of a "death sentence" the crime actually is.

          • 1 month ago
            Anonymous

            Unless you live in a shitty state rapists get sent to a minimum security sex offender prison with pedophiles and other rapists.

          • 1 month ago
            Anonymous

            >>60% of rapes/sexual assaults are not reported to police

            You have to take into account all the false rape allegations. 60% of #MeToo cases were false allegations, and observation shows that a lot of rape accusations are either made up, or relying on an absurd definition of what consitutes rape. And yes, actual rape = bad.

  2. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

    Yes I read Mr Bridge and Ms Bridge.Tjey were both great.

  3. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

    You might enjoy Diary of a Madman by Gogol for a quick read.It is a short story.

    If you want another " Diary of" novel
    There are
    - Diary of a Country Priest by George Bernanos
    - Diary of a Nobody by George Grossmith
    - Diary of a Chambermaid by Octave Mirbeau
    Pic related is from a film adaptation of the last mentioned novel.

  4. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

    Does the author discuss in any detail their thoughts regarding as to why women regularly blame themselves for getting raped.

  5. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

    serious question. is it worth reading?

  6. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

    Kinney went in a really strange direction with this one, I prefer Roderick Rules

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *